Ukrainian TV channel ICTV reports today that Ukrainian journalists received an audio copy of a conversation between what the media says are Russian fighters in Donbas immediately after the murder – on May 5th – of a Ukrainian family that attempted to cross the border.
The family had just sold all of its property in Antracit, near Lugansk, and was running from the area, as locals had labelled them “Right Sector supporters”, according to human rights activist Elena Stepova. The 9-year old girl was shot in the head but has survived, thus far in critical condition.
The conversation is relevant in that it puts and end to the debate on who shot the family transcribed in English, below:
– What happened? Uh?….Speak up, what happened.
– They shot and killed a family at Dolzhanka (border crossing)
– A FAMILY?
– Fuck it.
– The people were crossing the border
– On a car. Our guys shot at the car
– Which of ours?
– I will bring them over now, fuck it They killed the mother, killed the father, the small child survive.
– This is fucking shit, I don’t know anymore, fuck.
– ….Dolzhanka, where is that? (suggesting this is not a Ukrainian fighter?)
– A bit lower than Izvarino.
Here is the actual audio of the snippet of the phone call.